In the history of human beings, World War I and World War II were considered as the biggest military conflicts between the different countries groups. Military alliances were also part of the wars. World War I started in the year 1914 and continued until 1918 while the period of the Second World War was 1939 to 1945.
The First World War centered in Europe, the nations who were part of the war were divided into 2 main groups known as Allied Powers and Central Powers. The countries in the group of center powers were Austria-Hungary, Germany, Bulgaria, and Turkey. While the group of Allied powers had Russia, France, Japan, the U.S, Russia, and Britain. An estimated 8.5 million militaries and 13 million civilian deaths were observed in the war. In the end, the Allied powers won the war.
After twenty years of the First World War, the world faced a second war. In the Second World War, there were two opposing alliances known as the Allies and the Axis. The group of Allies included the U.S, France, China, Britain, and the Soviet Union. On the other hand, the Axis group includes Japan, Germany, and Italy as well. The Allies got victory in the war. However, more than 100 million people died in the war.
You can know more about the Wars with the help of history trivia questions.
Causes of the WWI
There are several causes of WWI that are as follow:
- On 28the June 1914 the Archduke Franz Ferdinand’s assassination of Austria, The heir to Austria-Hungary’s throne was the main trigger for WWI, killed by the nationalists of Serbian.
- Austria-Hungary has invaded Serbia
- At the same time, Germany has invaded France, Belgium as well as Luxembourg.
- Germany attacked the Russians.
- Over the past decade, most of the alliances formed were invoked, so due to this reason within just a few weeks, the main powers for the world were at war, as all of them have colonies. The conflict soon spread throughout the world.
Outcomes of WWI
- Austria–Hungary was partitioned into the different states of a successor.
- The Russian Empire lost its western frontier as nations of newly independent such as Lithuania, Estonia, Poland, Finland, and Latvia.
Causes of WWII
Moreover, World War II has left the following changes:
- Acts of aggression and treaty violation on different fronts.
- In Germany, economic, as well as Political instability, combined along with bitterness after getting defeat in WWI and the Versailles Treaty’s harsh conditions.
- The rising power of the Nazi Party and Hitler. In the middle of year 1930s, Hitler started to rearm Germany secretly, in treaty’s violation.
- Hitler has signed alliances with Japan and Italy for the Soviet Union’s oppose
- On September 1st, 1939 the German invasion Poland
Outcomes of WWII
- In the year 1954, WWII ended with the victory of the Allies over Japan and Germany. The united nations were established to foster international cooperation as well as prevent the future.
- Furthermore, the US and the Soviet Union has emerged as a superpower of the rival.
- The economy of Europe has collapsed with a 70 percent distortion of industrial infrastructure.
- Decolonization’s rapid period was taking place under the holding of Different powers of European colonial.
Read also Tips For Building Awesome Backlinks in 2021.