If you are looking for a smart solution to export shared mailbox data from Office 365 to Office 365. Then you will get the productive solution by the end of this article. In this article, we are going to provide a reliable approach to the user query i.e “how to migrate shared mailbox data from Office 365 to Office 365?”
“I work in a company where we use Office 365 to interact with other employees via shared mailboxes. We recently merged with another firm that also uses Office 365’s shared mailbox functionality to communicate with their staff. We’ve chosen to move their shared mailbox data to Office 365, but we’re not sure how. Can you recommend a method?
Don’t get the terms “shared mailbox” and “individual mailbox” mixed up.
Individual mailboxes are normal mailboxes maintained by individual users, as opposed to shared mailboxes, which allow numerous users to read and respond to emails from a single address that is accessible to all members of a team.
You should be aware that the admins generally create and maintain these shared email accounts. In addition, as compared to ordinary mailboxes, these shared mailboxes feature various user-role characteristics.
Why do Users Migrate their Shared Mailbox Data from One Office 365 Account to Another?
Some of the reasons which make users move their shared mailbox data to another Office 365 account can be mergers and acquisitions, rebranding, or compliance.
Microsoft has a few manual tools, which can be used to move their shared mailbox data to another, but they have certain limitations. Therefore, a professional tool is also discussed which can be used to effortlessly migrate your shared mailbox data to another Office 365 account.
Methods to Export Shared Mailbox to Office 365 User Mailbox
Office 365 to Office 365 Migration Tool is a multi-faceted utility to migrate Office 365 shared mailbox to a different account. This tool can export Office 365 mailboxes to another account in bulk. This tool will not lead to data loss of any kind. The Delta migration feature can be used to migrate newly arrived data from the source account.
Guided Way to Migrate Shared Mailbox Data from One Office 365 Account to Another
Step 1. Launch the program and choose Office 365 as both a source and a destination.
Step 2. Next, choose things from the Workload selection; the tool also includes a date-based filter option for migrating chosen data.
Step 3. Now, connect to the source Office 365 tenancy using the Office 365 Admin ID and Application ID. Then press the Validate button.
Step 4. Now that the permissions have been confirmed click Next to export data from Office 365 shared mailbox to Office 365 user mailbox.
Step 5. Log in to the target Office 365 tenancy using the Admin ID and Application ID. Then click the Validate button.
Step 6. Once the permissions have been validated, click the Next button.
Step 7. We must now establish a mapping between Office 365 shared mailboxes and individual user mailboxes. To accomplish this operation, the application gives three options: fetch users, import users, and download the template. Choose one of the options and go on to the next to migrate shared mailbox data from Office 365 to Office 365.
Step 8. To verify that the mapping has been made, click the Validate button.
Step 9. Permissions are now verified.
Step 10. Finally, click the Start button to begin the Office 365 Shared Mailbox migration to User Mailbox.
Step 11. The software will take a few minutes to migrate shared mailboxes.
How to Migrate Shared Mailbox to User Mailbox in Office 365 Manually?
- First, log in to your Microsoft Office 365 account as an administrator. Then navigate to the Office 365 Admin Center and choose Exchange.
- Now, go to Recipients and then Shared. Choose the shared mailbox and then select Convert and Convert to Regular Mailbox.
- Following that, a caution notice will appear, requesting confirmation. To proceed, you must press the Yes button.
- The migration will take a few minutes here. A message will show for process completion. To exit, simply click the Close button.
- Finally, when you re-enter Office 365. As a result, this shared mailbox has been converted to a user mailbox. The migrated mailbox contains all of the data from the shared mailbox.
Following the migration procedure, you must assign a license and then reset your mailbox’s password.
What Are the Difficulties of Migrating a Shared Mailbox?
1. Conditions when users need a license to migrate shared mailbox data from one Office 365 account to another:
- when the mailbox data is more than 50 GB
- Mailbox is on litigation hold or utilizes in-place archiving.
What can be some of the other problems?
2. During the move, managing permissions for shared mailboxes becomes difficult.
3. Delegating does not always function well between companies. And the correct users must be moved at the same time to guarantee that rights are preserved.
As a result, companies are frequently perplexed about building shared mailboxes after moving users or transferring the material beforehand.
When two firms unite or partner, it is necessary to move the common inbox data as well as the infrastructure and other items.
Because using the manual approach might be difficult for some people, an automatic alternative has been presented in this article. You may quickly export a shared mailbox to an Office 365 personal mailbox using this program. Furthermore, you may choose any of them according to your preferences.